Journal of Translational Medicine is an open access journal publishing articles focusing on information derived from human experimentation so as to optimise the communication between basic and clinical science.
The journal covers all areas of translational medicine but also has several specialized sections:
- Cancer microenvironment - Edited by Davide Bedognetti
- Cardiovascular, metabolic and lipoprotein translation- Edited by Nehal N. Mehta
- Cell, tissue and gene therapy - Edited by David Stroncek
- Clinical translation - Edited by Lana Kandalaft
- Combination strategies - Edited by Paolo A. Ascierto
- Computational modelling and Epidemiology- Edited by Michael Liebman and Sabrina Molinaro
- Disease biomarkers - Edited by Xiangdong Wang
- Illnesses of Unknown Etiology - Edited by Monica Panelli
- Immunobiology and immunotherapy - Edited by Adrian Bot
- Immunovirology - Edited by Luigi Buonaguro
- Medical bioinformatics - Edited by Samir K. Brahmachari
- Neuroscience - Edited by Luis F. Alguacil
- Nutrition & metabolism - Edited by Laura Soldati
- Pain, critical care and anesthesia - Edited by Yasin S. Al Makadma
- Patient-targeted molecular therapies - Edited by Francesco Chiappelli
- Personalised medicine - Edited by Lotfi Chouchane
- Translational imaging - Edited by Ravinder Reddy
- Translational hematology- Edited by Seah H. Lim
Open access publishing is not without costs. Journal of Translational Medicine therefore levies an article-processing charge of £1370/$2145/€1745 for each article accepted for publication. If the corresponding author''s institution participates in our open access membership program, some or all of the publication cost may be covered (more details available on the membership page). We routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries. For other countries, article-processing charge waivers or discounts are granted on a case-by-case basis to authors with insufficient funds. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process. For further details, see our article-processing charge page.
BioMed Central provides a free open access funding support service to help authors discover and apply for article processing charge funding. Visit our OA funding and policy support page to view our list of research funders and institutions that provide funding for APCs, and to learn more about our email support service.