Cancer Science (formerly Japanese Journal of Cancer Research) aims to present research that has a significant clinical impact on oncologists or that may alter the disease concept of a tumor. The Journal publishes original articles and editorials, letters to the editor, review articles and reports describing original research in the fields of basic, translational and clinical cancer. Subject categories include:
- Basic and Clinical Immunology
- Cell, Molecular, and Stem Cell Biology
- Clinical Research
- Drug Discovery and Delivery
- Epidemiology and Prevention
- Genetics, Genomics, and Proteomics
- Inflammation and Virology
Aims and Scope
Cancer Science (formerly Japanese Journal of Cancer Research) is a monthly publication of the Japanese Cancer Association. First published in 1907, the Journal continues to publish original articles, editorials, and letters to the editor, describing original research in the fields of basic, translational and clinical cancer research. The Journal also accepts reports and case reports.
Cancer Science aims to present highly significant and timely findings that have a significant clinical impact on oncologists or that may alter the disease concept of a tumor. The Journal will not publish case reports that describe a rare tumor or condition without new findings to be added to previous reports; combination of different tumors without new suggestive findings for oncological research; remarkable effect of already known treatments without suggestive data to explain the exceptional result. Review articles may also be published.
Effective from 1 January 2017, Cancer Science will not accept work that is funded in any part by tobacco industry sources.
Average submission to first decision is 17 days!
Offers access to members of Japan''''''''''''''''s leading oncology society, with 16,000 members
oncology, cancer, Japanese Cancer Association, Cancer Science, cancer research, palliative care, radiotherapy
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- AgBiotech News & Information (CABI)
- BIOBASE: Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biological Abstracts (Clarivate Analytics)
- BIOSIS Previews (Clarivate Analytics)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Oncogenes & Growth Factors Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Clarivate Analytics)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Science Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)