- publishing fees paid by authors or their institutions. - free for readers, with
- High visibility: indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), MEDLINE (PubMed) and other databases.
- Rapid publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 22 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 9 days (median values for 2015).
The International Journal of Molecular Sciences (ISSN 1422-0067) provides an advanced forum for chemistry, molecular physics (chemical physics and physical chemistry) and molecular biology. It publishes research articles, reviews, communications and short notes.
Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their theoretical and experimental results in as much detail as possible. Therefore, there is no restriction on the length of the papers or the number of electronics supplementary files. For articles with computational results, the full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. Electronic files regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material (including animated pictures, videos, interactive Excel sheets, software executables and others).
General subject areas include:
- fundamental theoretical problems of broad interest in biology, chemistry and physics where molecules are the object of study;
- important experimental technical progress of broad interest in biology, chemistry and physics, where molecules are the object of study; and
- application of the theories and novel technologies to specific experimental studies and calculations.