Cancers (ISSN 2072-6694) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal on oncology. It publishes reviews, regular research papers and short communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed
- electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- we also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
- we accept studies showing meaningful but negative results.
While there are many journals that focus on cancer studies, none of them actively accepts negative results. As a result, most negative data end up not being in the public domain even if the data were meaningfully negative and the study well designed. By accepting those negative results, our journal encourages scientists to share those data so that they would not need to repeat the experiments that somebody else has already done.
- Open Access - free for readers, with publishing fees paid by authors or their institutions.
- Rapid publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 29 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 6 days (median values for papers published in this journal in 2016).
For Cancers (ISSN 2072-6694), authors are asked to pay a fee of 850 CHF (Swiss Francs) per processed paper, but only if the article is accepted for publication in this journal after peer-review and possible revision of the manuscript. Note that many national and private research funding organizations and universities explicitly cover such fees for articles originated in funded research projects. Discounts are available for authors from institutes that participate with MDPI''s membership program.
In addition to Swiss Francs (CHF), we also accept payment of the fees in Euros (EUR), US Dollars (USD) or Chinese Yuan (CNY). Current exchange rates published at XE plus 5% exchange commission apply.